“Without your functional integration work on me, it would have been difficult to do the activities I love … like alpine skiing, tennis, x-country skiing and golf. We need more people like you out there to spread the good news of new methods of effective physical therapy.” – H.M. Stephenson, MD, FRCP (C)
Date(s) - 29/03/2020
1:00 pm-4:30 pm
Better Life Studios
Yes, you can wear high heels – without wincing or wobbling or wriggling out of them at every opportunity.
It’s simple once you learn the Feldenkrais techniques that help you to achieve the precision and balance that allows you to walk with confidence, elegance and grace, even stand for hours without pain.
Let’s face it high heel shoes (the higher, the better) make us feel elegant, edgy, savvy and sexy. And since their appearance on the shoe scene in the 1950’s, heels have been a symbol of status, style, and, of course, sex appeal. However, there is a downside to striking a pose, or strutting your stuff in your favourite 4 or 5 inch high heel shoe: an often less than graceful stride, painful urges to go barefoot, sore backs, knees, feet and heels, bunions, and worst case scenario – a twisted or broken ankle following a stiletto stumble.
In this Feldenkrais bootcamp for high heels workshop, Abigail Kelly will teach participants to move in new, safe and high heel complementary ways. She will also demonstrate exercises to strengthen your legs, feet and ankles to provide more control, stability and endurance. After this workshop you and your high heels can have a long term love/love relationship gliding gracefully along with style and confidence.
- More fluid and graceful stride
- Increased stability of ankles and feet
- Walk with greater ease and comfort
- Enhanced balance, stability and control when walking and standing
- Keep feet and ankles strong and injury free
- Improved posture
- Reduce or eliminate back, knee and heel pain attributable to high heel wearing
- Increased confidence and style
Register now for High Heeled Boot Camp – and fall in love with your heels all over again!
Sunday February 23rd, 2020
1:00 – 4:30
Instructor: Abigail Kelly
Better Life Studios
390 Dupont St.
- A full refund of the registration fee will be issued if cancellation notice is received and confirmed a minimum of 2 weeks before a workshop.
- Cancellation between 2 weeks and 1 week in advance of the workshop will receive a credit towards a future workshop.
- No refund of credit is available for cancellations received less than 7 days in prior to the workshop.